Profiles of core staff
Aminata Koroma - Programmes Coordinator and Head of Gender Desk, Freetown
After having graduated from Njala University with a bachelor degree in education, Aminata Koroma taught for over 20 years in various schools. She continued her career with the German Technical Cooperation (GTZ, now GIZ) in the social services sector, starting as a community supervisor and rising to the rank of Social Advisor. She is a regional master trainer in the Generation Dialogue.
Main areas of work within AMNet:
- Support fund raising drives by identifying potential donor and writing proposals.
- Raise awareness on national legal instruments like the 3 gender Acts, child right act and sexual offences Act of 2012.
- Provide series of leadership and advocacy trainings to women.
- Train CSOs on the use of the generation dialogue, a culturally friendly tool used to address cross cutting issues like gender, GBV child abuses and maternal health issues.
- Provide technical support to the child protection, youth and micro finance departments
- Write narrative reports to donors.
Nadine.Karmann - Gender and Peacebuilding Officer, Freetown
Having graduated from Johannes-Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany, with a Magister degree in political science she was further trained as a peace and conflict advisor at the Academy for Conflict Transformation, Bonn. Nadine Karmann worked as lecturer in the Department of Peace and Conflict Studies at Fourah Bay College, University of Sierra Leone and in the coordination of the Civil Peace Service Projects of Sierra Leone.
Main tasks at AMNet:
- build the capacity of project staff in constructive conflict management and mainstream a conflict perspective in AMNet projects
- raise awareness on national laws and policies for the protection of women’s rights
- advocate for legal changes for a better protection of women’s rights
- support organizational development
- support the further development of PME
- support fund raising drives
Edna Kaifala - Gender Desk Officer, Kambia