What do we do in 2014?
- Advocate for the speedy ratification of the Maputo Protocol (Protocol to the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights on the Rights of Women in Africa)
- Advocate for the enactment of an encompassing Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment Bill, which will grant women a 30% quota in politics and better protection of women's rights in the areas of education, labour, property, energy and infracstructure.
- accompany the development of the new Land Tenure Policy and the Constitutional Review to ensure that women's rights and perspectives are included
- Publish a desk study on Harmful Traditional Practices in Sierra Leone
- Advocate for the inclusion of funds for survivors of gender-based violence in the annual budgets of Kambia and Bonthe district
- Monitor and ensure the access to free medical examination and treatment for survivors of GBV in Kambia and Bonthe district
- Network with district and national-level stakeholders to ensure best support for survisors of GBV: access to psychosocial and medical services, access to justice
- Lobby for the creation of conditions that will attract resident magistrates to Kambia and Bonthe district
- Supporting the Women Security Caucus in Kambia and the Women Security Network in Bonthe to popularize the Sexual Offences Act (2012) and the National Referral Protocol on GBV (2012).
- Support the Women Security Caucus in Kambia and the Women Security Network in Bonthe in counseling pupils to retain in school
- Introduce Convener Cycles at schools in Bonthe and Kambia to prevent GBV and to increase girls' retention in schools